Weekly Market UpdateOctober 16, 2017
- U.S. economic reports scheduled to be released this week include the NAHB Housing Market Index, Capacity Utilization and the Philadelphia Fed Index.
- Non-U.S. economic reports for the week include Industrial Production in Japan, Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in China and the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in the eurozone.
View PDF »
The LeadOctober 4, 2017
- Thus far in 2017, higher risk equities have performed well internationally while detracted in the U.S.
- As measured by companies that do not earn profits, this trend accelerated in the third quarter.
- Merrill Lynch attributes elevated levels in its “Risk-Love” sentiment measure to improved global economic growth and tighter credit spreads.
Sterling’s Head of Quantitative Research, Kevin J. Stoll, CFA®, recently authored an article that was published in the Journal of Fixed Income.June 27, 2017
Sterling’s Head of Quantitative Research, Kevin J. Stoll, CFA®, recently authored an article that was published in the Journal of Fixed Income. The article, titled “A Conditional Variance Model of Corporate Bond Excess Return Distributions,” presents a method for predicting the volatility of corporate bonds.Read More »
Sterling’s own L. Joshua Wein featured in an interview with The Wall Street TranscriptJune 8, 2017
Sterling’s own L. Joshua Wein, CAIA® was recently featured in an interview with The Wall Street Transcript, which publishes “in-depth interviews for investors.”View PDF »
Sterling Capital Stratton Real Estate Fund Ranks at Top of Morningstar PeersApril 25, 2017
Sterling Capital Stratton Real Estate mutual fund has ranked near the top of its peers in its respective Morningstar Real Estate Category based on risk-adjusted returns.View PDF »
Fundamental Equity UpdateApril 10, 2017
Sterling Capital Management is pleased to welcome Douglas M. Grant, CFA®, to the Fundamental Equity Team as a director and analyst covering the industrial and healthcare sectors.View PDF »
Lipper RankingsJanuary 19, 2017
View PDF »
Retirement Announcement – Ed BreaDecember 5, 2016
It is with warm wishes that Sterling Capital Management announces the retirement of Senior Managing Director Eduardo A. Brea, CFA® effective December 1, 2016. Ed has worked tirelessly to contribute to the success of Sterling Capital Management over the past 21 years and we are certain that his energy, passion and contributions to the Sterling […]View PDF »
Conventional Wisdom TrumpedNovember 9, 2016
The markets (and many others) were surprised by Donald Trump’s election as President of the United States and the Republicans’ retention of the Senate.View PDF »
Sterling Capital Funds Introduces the SMID Opportunities FundOctober 3, 2016
View PDF »