Charles Durham Joins Sterling Capital Management LLC as Chief Compliance OfficerJune 19, 2018
Sterling Capital Management LLC (Sterling Capital) announced today that Charles “Charlie” Durham has joined the firm as the new Chief Compliance Officer. Charlie is also the new Chief Compliance Officer of the Sterling Capital Funds. He brings over 15 years of compliance and regulatory experience to Sterling Capital.View PDF »
Weekly Market RecapJune 18, 2018
Available on the first business day each week, the Weekly Market Recap is a summary of economic activity in the previous week and outlook for the week ahead from Sterling’s Equity Opportunities Team.View PDF »
Weekly Market UpdateJune 18, 2018
- U.S. economic reports scheduled to be released this week include NAHB Housing Market Index, Philadelphia Fed Index and Leading Indicators.
- Non-U.S. economic reports for the week include a Bank of England Official Bank Rate announcement and Markit PMI Manufacturing for the Eurozone and Germany.
View PDF »
Bond Market ReviewJune 18, 2018
Corporate Spreads Remain StableView PDF »
The Fed Moves AgainJune 13, 2018
As widely expected, the Federal Reserve continued its path of rate normalization by raising the target range for the federal funds rate today.View PDF »
Strategies for a Rising Interest Rate EnvironmentJune 13, 2018
While rising interest rates may present challenges to bond investors, history shows that a diversified fixed income portfolio can weather difficult periods remarkably well. Read more to find out how we navigate a rising interest rate environment.View PDF »
The LeadJune 7, 2018
- The chart above shows the long term performance of growth versus value from the mid 1980’s. This chart above is not supposed to look this way, at least according to the universities and business schools that have been teaching the Nobel Laureate “Fama and French” Chicago School of Business capital asset pricing model.
- We are finding more “opportunities” within the value pool in 2018. Since the beginning of the year, the average stock added to the five largest Equity Opportunity portfolios has a forward price-to–earnings ratio below that of the S&P 500.
- Does Value look attractive relative to Growth if we include stocks that trade overseas? Yes. The MSCI World Value stocks trade at 15x earnings versus 25x for growth, the widest difference since 2006 according to Bloomberg.
Associate Spotlight – Farley C. ShinerJune 6, 2018
Farley C. Shiner is a Managing Director and Senior Client Strategist at Sterling Capital on our Equity Opportunities Team, focusing on operations, marketing and client service. Vie the PDF below to more about Farley and hear some fun stories about his years with Sterling Capital.View PDF »
Associate Spotlight – Robert W. BridgesMay 8, 2018
Robert W. Bridges is an Executive Director, Portfolio Manager and is Co-Head of Factor Investing/Behavioral Finance. Bob has been an integral part of the Sterling team since 1996 and graciously shared a bit about himself in this month’s associate spotlight.View PDF »
Announcement For Broker DealersApril 17, 2018
Starting May 14, 2018, Broker dealers will be required to disclose the mark-up and costs for many municipal securities transactions. The new MSRB rule primarily applies to same-day, offsetting principal trades for non-institutional customers. By enhancing the price transparency, retail investors can better assess the true costs associated with purchasing individual bonds. Investment professionals can find more information on this Rule by visiting our Resource Center here.View PDF »