Weekly Market UpdateJuly 24, 2017
• U.S. economic reports scheduled to be released this week include the Fed Funds Target Rate, Q2 GDP, New/Existing Home Sales, Building Permits, Durable Orders, and the Michigan Sentiment.
• Non-U.S. economic reports for the week include Manufacturing in the eurozone and Germany, Q2 GDP in the United Kingdom, and the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in Germany.
Sterling’s Head of Quantitative Research, Kevin J. Stoll, CFA®, recently authored an article that was published in the Journal of Fixed Income.June 27, 2017
Sterling’s Head of Quantitative Research, Kevin J. Stoll, CFA®, recently authored an article that was published in the Journal of Fixed Income. The article, titled “A Conditional Variance Model of Corporate Bond Excess Return Distributions,” presents a method for predicting the volatility of corporate bonds.Read More »
The LeadJune 9, 2017
Sterling Equity Opportunities: The Lead, “What do you do and why is it different?”
- Equity Opportunities Group portfolios seek to give clients the “chance to outperform” an index with below average risk.
- The quest to outperform, by its nature, results in periods of outperformance and underperformance. Institutions and advisors gain confidence that when our approach is temporarily out of favor, underperforming stocks tend to be high quality names.
- This quarter’s Financial Analysts Journal highlights how similar high Active Share and lower turnover portfolios outperform over time.
Sterling’s own L. Joshua Wein featured in an interview with The Wall Street TranscriptJune 8, 2017
Sterling’s own L. Joshua Wein, CAIA® was recently featured in an interview with The Wall Street Transcript, which publishes “in-depth interviews for investors.”View PDF »
Sterling Capital Stratton Real Estate Fund Ranks at Top of Morningstar PeersApril 25, 2017
Sterling Capital Stratton Real Estate mutual fund has ranked near the top of its peers in its respective Morningstar Real Estate Category based on risk-adjusted returns.View PDF »
Fundamental Equity UpdateApril 10, 2017
Sterling Capital Management is pleased to welcome Douglas M. Grant, CFA®, to the Fundamental Equity Team as a director and analyst covering the industrial and healthcare sectors.View PDF »
Lipper RankingsJanuary 19, 2017
View PDF »
Retirement Announcement – Ed BreaDecember 5, 2016
It is with warm wishes that Sterling Capital Management announces the retirement of Senior Managing Director Eduardo A. Brea, CFA® effective December 1, 2016. Ed has worked tirelessly to contribute to the success of Sterling Capital Management over the past 21 years and we are certain that his energy, passion and contributions to the Sterling […]View PDF »
Conventional Wisdom TrumpedNovember 9, 2016
The markets (and many others) were surprised by Donald Trump’s election as President of the United States and the Republicans’ retention of the Senate.View PDF »
Sterling Capital Funds Introduces the SMID Opportunities FundOctober 3, 2016
View PDF »