Announcement For Broker DealersApril 17, 2018
Starting May 14, 2018, Broker dealers will be required to disclose the mark-up and costs for many municipal securities transactions. The new MSRB rule primarily applies to same-day, offsetting principal trades for non-institutional customers. By enhancing the price transparency, retail investors can better assess the true costs associated with purchasing individual bonds. Investment professionals can find more information on this Rule by visiting our Resource Center here.View PDF »
Weekly Market RecapApril 16, 2018
Available on the first business day each week, the Weekly Market Recap is a summary of economic activity in the previous week and outlook for the week ahead from Sterling’s Equity Opportunities Team.View PDF »
Weekly Market UpdateApril 16, 2018
- U.S. economic reports scheduled to be released this week include Industrial Production and Retail Sales as well as the Leading Indicators.
- Non-U.S. economic reports for the week include Industrial Production in Japan along with Industrial Output and GDP in China.
View PDF »
Bond Market ReviewApril 16, 2018
High Yield Energy RalliesView PDF »
Retirement Announcement – Rose AlexanderApril 2, 2018
It is with warm wishes that we announce Rose Alexander’s retirement from Sterling Capital Management.View PDF »
Associate Spotlight – Michael P. McVickerApril 2, 2018
We are excited to continue our Monthly Associate Spotlight series with Executive Director & Portfolio Manager Michael P. McVicker. Mike has been with Sterling Capital since 1992 and is a member of our Fixed Income Team.View PDF »
The LeadApril 2, 2018
- Why own high quality dividend paying stocks in a potential rising rate environment? They have a history of outperforming those simply paying high yields.
- Over the past seven years, S&P 500 companies have increased their debt levels making stock selection more important than ever. This month one stock provided an example.
- Our core investment pillars of focusing on stocks growing quality earnings and dividends by winning in their markets rather than taking on debt to fund growth, should place our strategies to perform well in a rising rate environment.
View PDF »
Associate Spotlight – George F. ShippMarch 16, 2018
George is the founder of Sterling’s Equity Opportunities Team and joined Sterling Capital Management as part of a business realignment in 2013. Here are a few things you may not already know about George.View PDF »
Tax Reform Insights and ImplicationsFebruary 8, 2018
The most significant change to the U.S. tax code in over 30 years became official when the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was signed into law on December 22, 2017.View PDF »
The Return of Equity Market VolatilityFebruary 8, 2018
After an almost unprecedented period of record low equity market volatility that began in late 2016, equity markets have experienced a sharp reversal from record highs set in late January 2018.View PDF »