Sterling Capital Funds are available in four different share classes, which offer retail and institutional investors the flexibility to choose the appropriate pricing to fit their needs.
To understand the key differences, please refer to the table below or the prospectus for additional detail. Your investment professional can help you choose the share class that best fits your timeframe and personal preference.
Consider if you:
- Plan to stay invested for the long term
- Would rather pay a sales charge when you originally invest instead of at withdrawal time
- Want the lowest annual expense schedule available
Front-end sales charges for stock, asset allocation funds, Total Return Bond Fund:
- 5.75% for up to $49,999
- 4.50% for $50,000-$99,999
- 3.50% for $100,000-$249,999
- 2.50% for $250,000-$499,999
- 2.00% for $500,000-$999,999
- None for $1 million and above ¹ ²
¹ A contingent deferred sales charge (CDSC) of 1.00% if you sell your shares before the second anniversary.
² For sales of over $1 million or more, broker-dealers may be paid a finder's fee of up to 1.00% of the offering price of such shares up to $2.5 million, 0.5% of the offering price from $2.5 million up to $5 million, and 0.25% of the offering price from $5 million and up.
Front-end sales charges for all state specific tax-free bond funds, Short Duration Bond Fund, Corporate Fund, Securitized Opportunities Fund, and Intermediate U.S. Government Fund:
- 2.00% for up to $49,999
- 1.75% for $50,000 - $99,999
- 1.50% for $100,000-$249,999
- 1.00% for $250,000-$499,999
- None for $500,000 and above ³ ⁴
³ A contingent deferred sales charge (CDSC) of 0.50% if shares are sold within the first 18 months after initial purchase.
⁴ Broker-dealers may be paid a finder’s fee of up to 0.50% of the offering price of such shares up to and including $5 million, 0.35% of the offering price over $5 million and up to $10 million, and 0.25% of the offering price over $10 million.
Front-end sales charges for Ultra Short Bond Fund:
- 0.50% for up to $49,999
- 0.25% for $50,000 - $99,999
- None for $100,000 and above ⁵
⁵ No finder's fee or no contingent deferred sales charge (CDSC).
- Distribution and service (12b-1) fees of 0.25% of average daily net assets
Consider if you:
- Prefer not to pay a sales charge when you originally invest
- Want to put all your money to work for you immediately
- Will stay invested for at least one year to avoid redemption charges
- Are comfortable with paying higher annual expenses (compared to Class A) so that you pay no front- or backend sales charges
- No front-end sales charges
- Distribution and service (12b-1) fees of 1.00% of average daily net assets
- A contingent deferred sales charge (CDSC) of 1.00% if you sell your shares before the first anniversary
- No maximum investment for all Class C purchases
- No sales charges
- No distribution and shareholder service (12b-1) fees
- Available only to Branch Banking and Trust Company and its affiliates and other financial service providers or intermediaries approved by the Fund for the investment of funds for which they act in a fiduciary, advisory, agency,
custodial or similar capacity; to individuals or corporations investing $1,000,000 or more; or to employees of Sterling
Offered By: All funds
- No sales charges
- Distribution and shareholder service (12b-1) fee of 0.50% of average daily net assets
- Available only to certain specified benefits plans (an "Eligible Plan"), such as 401(k) plans, 457 plans, and employer sponsored 403(b) plans whereby the plan or the plan's financial service firm has an agreement with the Fund, Distributor or Adviser to utilize Class R Shares in certain investment products or programs. Also available to certain registered
investment adviser platforms and wrap products. Please call your financial adviser or plan administrator for more
- Eligible Plan participants generally must contact their plan service provider to purchase, redeem or exchange shares. The administrator of an Eligible Plan or employee benefits office can provide participants with detailed information on how to participate in the plan, elect a fund as an investment option, elect different investment options, alter the amounts contributed to the plan or change allocations among investment options. For questions about participant accounts,
participants should contact their employee benefits office, the plan administrator or organization that provides
recordkeeping services for the Eligible Plan.
- Mid Value Fund
- Special Opportunities Fund
- Equity Income Fund
- Total Return Bond Fund
- Behavioral Small Cap Value Fund